Custom jewelry, fine jewelry products, supplies, equipment and information provided by Tara. Tara B is experienced in making custom necklaces, earrings, and bracelets of high quality and affordable value. The blog will also serve as a venue to network with fellow entrepreneurs and to teach others about this lucrative industry as well.

***Order any of the custom made jewelry here or order your own design, custom built to your specifications; email - tarabaileyjewelry@gmail.com***

Choosing Jewelry Wire That Works With Your Budget and Custom Jewelry Projects

Example of Silver Wire for Custom
Made Jewelry
Choosing the right jewelry wire for your custom made jewelry is crucial.  When I first started out making jewelry, I had no frame of reference in regard to all the different wire that is out in the custom made jewelry market today. When I started trying to choose which one that I wanted, it was look up what I could find on the internet and hope that what I was getting was the right thing. I just wanted to do a post that maybe would help anyone that is going through the same thing I was.

The basic rule of thumb when looking for .925 sterling silver wire is that the gauges range from 4 to 26 and can be either round, square or half round. I have included this chart that I found on Land of Odds:


GAUGETHICKNESSROUNDSQUAREHALF ROUND
4
6
8
9
10
12
14
16
18
20
22
24
26
28
30
                             Silver Chart for Custom Made Jewelry

I have used all the jewelry wire mentioned above, however, I usually use round wire and try to stay around the 20 or 21 gauge wire, which is pretty versatile for custom made jewelry. Let me know if you would like anything custom made, wire wrapped or crafted especially for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts