Custom jewelry, fine jewelry products, supplies, equipment and information provided by Tara. Tara B is experienced in making custom necklaces, earrings, and bracelets of high quality and affordable value. The blog will also serve as a venue to network with fellow entrepreneurs and to teach others about this lucrative industry as well.

***Order any of the custom made jewelry here or order your own design, custom built to your specifications; email - tarabaileyjewelry@gmail.com***

Using Flea Markets and Events to Sell Your Custom Made Jewelry

   
A picture of the booth with my
jewelry set up at the Rodeo.

My custom made jewelry 
booth set up...check out
the car in the background.






My little candy grabbers.
(L-R Cody, Jade & Chloe)
 at the Bonifay Rodeo
Oct. 2010

You can use flea markets and other events to sell your custom made jewelry.  Like so many other artisans that are trying to make some money from their crafts, I have found that it is hard to find a venue to sell my custom made jewelry through, especially since I live in a rural area outside of a small town.

There is not a lot of room for exposure in a remote area, so you have to think about branching out in any available outlets.  If you have been in that area for awhile, then you probably already know of flea markets, thrift stores, and even some small locally owned businesses that may possibly market your custom made jewelry or other crafts.

 I talked to a kind local business owner and he let me set up a booth during the 2010 Bonifay Rodeo weekend and had mild success, but it was still good to get out there and have people stop by and look at my jewelry and get some good feedback.

If  you aren't from that area or are looking to go to a more populated area to try to sell, then talking to some locals, in a grocery store or gas station and asking them where things are is a great way to get information.  Usually, if you pipe up and ask a question in general to a room full of people you will get a lot of feedback...sometimes the information is not quite what you wanted to know, but that's the way it goes! Also, the other option is via the internet.  There are plenty of options that the internet has to offer, but also a lot of scams, so just be cautious!  If I can help at all with anything, just let me know!  My info is on my contact page!

We were giving a puppy away
and my son, Cody
was lending a hand!! 


2 comments:

  1. This piece of information is really amazing. Thanks, I enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well-writen piece! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts