Custom jewelry, fine jewelry products, supplies, equipment and information provided by Tara. Tara B is experienced in making custom necklaces, earrings, and bracelets of high quality and affordable value. The blog will also serve as a venue to network with fellow entrepreneurs and to teach others about this lucrative industry as well.

***Order any of the custom made jewelry here or order your own design, custom built to your specifications; email - tarabaileyjewelry@gmail.com***

Custom Jewelry Trends: Cabochons

Opal & Blue Glass Necklace - $25
Cabochons are still making a climb in the custom jewelry world. Unlike their faceted cousins, cabochons are usually made from an opaque precious or semi-precious stone that is ground down so that it has a flat side and polished and rounded on the other and then it is usually affixed to a backing piece, so that it becomes a pendant or they can be attached to a piece of custom jewelry directly, like a bracelet or the like.

I have put up a few pictures of custom made necklaces that I have made that feature cabochons as the star of the piece, the pendant. As you can see, they are different in the fact that they do not sparkle like a clear, faceted stone, but depending on what they are made of, they can have natural sparkle on their own.

 The purple and silver necklace has a cabochon pendant made of purple sun sitara, which is a stone I truly love, while the yellow and silver necklace has a cabochon of yellow adventurine. The other custom made necklace that I have featured here is a man made opal cabochon pendant.

Purple Sun Sitara & .925 Sterling
Silver Necklace - $30

I have got quite a few cabochons in my jewelry making case, so I am getting ideas of some other nice necklaces I can make. If you'd like to have one made especially for you, please let me know!

Yellow Adventurine & .925 Sterling
Silver Necklace - $35








2 comments:

  1. I loved the way you have said it! It’s simple mindboggling. This is really a great blog to read out.
    Online Shopping

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Online Shopping! I appreciate the comment! I'm still working on adding more content, so keep checking back!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts